Reducing uncertainty for better production operation decisions
When the water cut in one of its best-producing wells doubled in six months, operator Pemex (Petroleos Mexicanos) needed answers fast. The asset team was eager to figure out where the water was coming from, then develop and apply an appropriate water-conformance solution. However, there were several challenges to getting an accurate, reliable production log in an operating, horizontal well with multi-phase production flow. But without an accurate production profile, applying a water-conformance treatment was riddled with uncertainty.
Log in to view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? Find out more and subscribe today!
Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.
*Access will be granted the next business day.
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- BP pays UK tax on North Sea business for first time in years (6/24)
- Permian Basin facing new environmental rules that could curb drilling (6/24)
- A fresh look at what Russia’s invasion means for energy companies (6/24)
- U.S. energy industry invites Biden to visit American energy sites ahead of trip to Saudi Arabia (6/24)
- Swagelok Company celebrates 75th anniversary (6/23)