Millions of man-hours are spent drilling and producing the world’s oil and gas. As methods of extraction increase in complexity, we have seen more tools and techniques come to the fore. However, increasing complexity often brings greater challenges—most notably the Macondo blowout in April 2010, which saw an estimated 62,000 bopd spill into the Gulf of Mexico.
Log in to view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? Find out more and subscribe today!
Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.
*Access will be granted the next business day.
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- BP pays UK tax on North Sea business for first time in years (6/24)
- Permian Basin facing new environmental rules that could curb drilling (6/24)
- A fresh look at what Russia’s invasion means for energy companies (6/24)
- U.S. energy industry invites Biden to visit American energy sites ahead of trip to Saudi Arabia (6/24)
- Swagelok Company celebrates 75th anniversary (6/23)