Flurry of regulatory requirements add delays and financial, staffing burdens for OCS projects
OCS compliance requirements have escalated since the Deepwater Horizon incident, resulting in permitting delays and increased financial burden for bonding. And yet, the potential prize in the deepwater continues, in many instances, to outweigh the risks, regulatory complexities and costs, as evidenced by the steady recovery in the deepwater rig count.
Please Log IN view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? For just $149/year, you can claim unlimited access to World Oil's content.*
Each subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to all content on WorldOil.com
- Exclusive drilling forecast data, by state, country and region
- State-by-state results from the survey of U.S. operators
- Updated producing oil and gas well figures, by state
- Exclusive access to World Oil's conference presentations
- Proprietary data tables covering casing, tubing, drill bits and fluids
- Exclusive World Oil maps (published three times per year)
- Daily coverage of industry news and developments\
- Industry whitepapers, webcasts, videos and supplements.