Eyewitness view of putting out Kuwaiti oil fires. In the October 2011 issue, I wrote of the dramatic and highly effective efforts of a group of oilfield professionals to put out the raging fires in Kuwait set by the Iraqi army as it retreated from the country in the first Gulf War. Much to my delight, one of those professionals wrote me and provided more details on the magnificent effort.
Please Log IN view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? For just $149/year, you can claim unlimited access to World Oil's content.*
Each subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to all content on WorldOil.com
- Exclusive drilling forecast data, by state, country and region
- State-by-state results from the survey of U.S. operators
- Updated producing oil and gas well figures, by state
- Exclusive access to World Oil's conference presentations
- Proprietary data tables covering casing, tubing, drill bits and fluids
- Exclusive World Oil maps (published three times per year)
- Daily coverage of industry news and developments\
- Industry whitepapers, webcasts, videos and supplements.