Deepwater trials validate RSS feasibility in directional salt drilling
In a first-ever test, new-generation RSS and MWD technologies achieved a maximum DLS of 3.95°/30 m with only 81% of the RSS steer force in the 17½-in. section. The trials also validated the advanced RSS’s capacity to kick-off successfully from near-vertical in salt.
Please Log IN view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? For just $149/year, you can claim unlimited access to World Oil's content.*
Each subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to all content on WorldOil.com
- Exclusive drilling forecast data, by state, country and region
- State-by-state results from the survey of U.S. operators
- Updated producing oil and gas well figures, by state
- Exclusive access to World Oil's conference presentations
- Proprietary data tables covering casing, tubing, drill bits and fluids
- Exclusive World Oil maps (published three times per year)
- Daily coverage of industry news and developments\
- Industry whitepapers, webcasts, videos and supplements.