Technology from Europe: To optimize Norwegian shelf recovery, equipment must get lighter
Det Norske Veritas (DNV) is an independent certification organization dedicated to ensuring the safety of persons and property in various industries. Originally specializing in merchant vessels, the foundation has grown to encompass many other industries, including those working in the Norwegian offshore petroleum industry. As the fields mature and the equipment ages, DNV’s focus has expanded to other aspects of the oil and gas industry, including software systems. World Oil spoke with DNV’s Per Jahre Nilsen, Manager of Business Development for Well Intervention, about the future of Norwegian shelf development.
Log in to view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? Find out more and subscribe today!
Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.
*Access will be granted the next business day.
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Offshore Energies UK: ‘A windfall tax risks harming investment, home-produced energy, and jobs’ (5/17)
- Canada can boost oil output by 900,000 barrels a day, Kenney says (5/17)
- Inflation and Russia-Ukraine conflict stifles oil and gas contracts in Q1 2022 -GlobalData (5/17)
- UAE to more than double LNG export capacity with Fujairah plant (5/17)
- Afreximbank, African Petroleum Producers Organization to create multi-billion-dollar energy bank (5/17)