Technology from Europe: All-metal pump weathers thermal, chemical oil sands operations
A recent run of an all-metal progressing cavity pump (PCP) in a SAGD application for Shell demonstrated the pump’s wide operating range in terms of production volume, pressure, temperature and viscosity. The pump remained downhole during various steam and chemical stimulations designed to reduce differential pressure between the injector and producer.
Log in to view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? Find out more and subscribe today!
Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.
*Access will be granted the next business day.
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Shell joins Exxon with $1 billion Brazil exploration setback (5/16)
- James Fisher AIS expands global footprint to meet energy sector digital twin demand (5/16)
- APICORP appoints Khalid bin Ali Al-Ruwaigh as new CEO (5/16)
- Angolan leader urges Africa to avoid hasty end to fossil fuels (5/16)
- UK North Sea eyes chance of revival in energy crisis (5/16)