The night was sultry. The recent heat wave in Europe has sparked more rhetoric about the horrors of GW – global warming. The warring sides continue to accuse each other of idiocy, using the most extreme arguments that they can think of. Well, I’m no stranger to one-upmanship. The anti-GWers make unrealistic assumptions to support their case: that the Kyoto Protocol would be adopted unaltered; that it would achieve 100% compliance; that, for reasons always unexplained, efficient use of energy would stop its relentless increase; that countries would choose the most costly solutions to meet Kyoto targets; that the Kyoto Protocol, if adopted, will destroy businesses, especially our industry – indeed, economic life as we know it. And so on.
Please Log IN view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? For just $149/year, you can claim unlimited access to World Oil's content.*
Each subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to all content on WorldOil.com
- Exclusive drilling forecast data, by state, country and region
- State-by-state results from the survey of U.S. operators
- Updated producing oil and gas well figures, by state
- Exclusive access to World Oil's conference presentations
- Proprietary data tables covering casing, tubing, drill bits and fluids
- Exclusive World Oil maps (published three times per year)
- Daily coverage of industry news and developments\
- Industry whitepapers, webcasts, videos and supplements.