Advances in fatigue design: Curvature index theory
This article describes the application of a new technique to compare relative fatigue lives of drilling tubulars being rotated in curved wellbores. This unique methodology, called Curvature Index (CI) compares different designs for the combined fatigue effects of hole curvature, pipe size, weight, grade, class and axial tension in the tube.
Log in to view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? Find out more and subscribe today!
Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.
*Access will be granted the next business day.
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Global inflation brings ever-cheaper clean energy to an end (1/21)
- U.S. extends financial protection for Venezuela’s Citgo for one year (1/21)
- Energy Transfer agrees to provide gas to Vistra power plants (1/21)
- Morgan Stanley sees Brent crude at $100 by Q3 (1/21)
- Texas natural gas production falls as freezing weather sets in (1/20)