Rotary steerable slimhole system. Schlumberger Oilfield Services has signed a contract with Shell UK Ltd. and BP Exploration Operating Co. Ltd. to develop a rotary steerable system for slimhole drilling and through-tubing rotary drilling (TTRD) applications. It says that, with the push to maximize production from mature reservoirs where drilling targets are becoming smaller and smaller, it had to find a way of reducing drilling costs and sidetracking from an existing but obsolete well – TTRD is a good way of doing that.
Please Log IN view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? For just $149/year, you can claim unlimited access to World Oil's content.*
Each subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to all content on WorldOil.com
- Exclusive drilling forecast data, by state, country and region
- State-by-state results from the survey of U.S. operators
- Updated producing oil and gas well figures, by state
- Exclusive access to World Oil's conference presentations
- Proprietary data tables covering casing, tubing, drill bits and fluids
- Exclusive World Oil maps (published three times per year)
- Daily coverage of industry news and developments\
- Industry whitepapers, webcasts, videos and supplements.