Matrix treatment arrests production decline in deepwater GOM well
The first matrix squeeze treatment using the novel Saltrol 2 Salt Block Inhibitor from BJ Services was successfully applied in a ChevronTexaco well, in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico. Elsewhere, Saltrol 2 had previously been applied successfully in conjunction with fracturing stimulation. Results of the unprecedented offshore matrix treatment are summarized below. Preceding the treatment case example is a summary of lab core-flow test data showing effectiveness of Saltrol 2 in matrix treatment application to temperatures as high as 350°F.
Log in to view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? Find out more and subscribe today!
Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.
*Access will be granted the next business day.
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Longboat Energy, OMV complete exploration farm-in agreement offshore Norway (7/1)
- Strained gasoline supplies lead American fuelmakers to maximize output (7/1)
- Oil production increase leads Venezuela’s economy to see most growth in 15 years (7/1)
- India slaps windfall tax on fuel exports, oil production (7/1)
- Deirdre Michie, chief executive of Offshore Energies UK, to step down (7/1)