Ocean Drilling Program (ODP) update. The ODP, started by the U.S. some 20 years ago, has utilized the Joides Resolution drillship – built in 1978 and converted for ODP in 1984 – as its primary research vessel. Presently operated by Transocean and contracted to the Texas A&M Research Foundation for the ODP, the rig has been drilling in the riser-less mode, collecting data from relatively shallow holes in various deepwater sites. Because offshore developments have principally involved the Gulf of Mexico and the North Sea, ODP participation has been primarily through U.S. and European countries.
Log in to view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? Find out more and subscribe today!
Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.
*Access will be granted the next business day.
Connect with World Oil
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More
- Biden rattles his saber at oil producers as prices surge to 2014 high (1/18)
- Carbon+Intel: DNV assesses hydrogen readiness of Hungarian gas pipeline (1/18)
- Russia’s February gas-transit plan leaves Europe in the lurch (1/18)
- Deadly UAE drone strikes raise risk in key oil-producing region (1/18)
- China’s fuel exports drop for a second year as quotas tighten (1/18)