U.S. Onshore ///
Production of oil and natural gas in the Appalachian basin's Utica play—which includes both the Utica and Point Pleasant formations—has increased significantly since 2012.
Recent analysis and statistical research have shown that break-even prices for oil production in the major U.S. shale plays have fallen, on average, at least $30/bbl for WTI.
The biggest player in the Permian basin, America's most coveted oil field, thinks rig counts in the region are poised for explosive growth.
Exxon Mobil Corp.’s accounting has prompted a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission investigation into whether the energy giant should have written down assets as a result of the oil slump, according to a person with knowledge of the matter.
Endeavor Management has opened participation in its latest joint industry project (JIP)—Best Practices for Shale Completion Operations.
Oil prices are depressed, but Texas shale has never been more valuable.
On Sept. 15, Statoil and Antero Resources Corporation completed their previously announced transaction, whereby Statoil has sold some of its non-operated interests in the U.S. state of West Virginia to Antero.
Noble Energy and Marathon Oil Corp. are weighing bids for Silver Hill Energy Partners, a Permian basin explorer that could fetch more than $2 billion in a sale, according to people familiar with the matter.
RockPile Energy Services, a portfolio company of White Deer Energy, has acquired American Well Service (AWS), a Kenmare, North Dakota-based workover rig company.
A study in the Eagle Ford shale assessed the challenges associated with cluster efficiency in horizontal plug-and-perf treatments, as well as the application and methodology of using a diverter. Production was analyzed to validate the diverter’s performance, and fiber-optic data provided subsurface insight to validate diversion effectiveness.
Traditional, calendar-based equipment maintenance can be costly and hinder productivity; however, servicing equipment, based on its actual usage and real-time data, can cut costs and help avoid lost productivity.
Team Oil Tools has acquired the assets of Top Notch Energy Services.
Calfrac Well Services, the Canadian oilfield services provider, is considering expansion opportunities into two of the world’s largest producing regions.
The U.S. Energy Information Administration’s (EIA) monthly Drilling Productivity Report (DPR), released Monday, now includes a supplement that provides monthly estimates of the number of DUCs in the seven key oil and natural gas producing regions covered by the report.
The Obama administration halted work on a stretch of land where Energy Transfer Partners is building its Dakota Access oil pipeline, a move that could threaten to thrust the fate of the project into the hands of the next president.
Oil explorers added more rigs in the U.S., as vessels in the Gulf of Mexico went back to work after a pause to avoid last week’s Hurricane Hermine.
Total E&P USA is exercising its preemption right to acquire Chesapeake’s 75% interests in the jointly held Barnett shale operating area in North Texas. Total E&P USA has owned the remaining 25% in the Barnett assets since December 2009. With the preemption, Total E&P USA will be the 100% owner and operator of the assets.
Charger Shale Oil Company, an oil and gas partnership headquartered in Midland, Texas, and funds managed by Oaktree Capital Management, L.P., today announced their recently formed joint venture focused in the Permian basin.
Resource Energy Can-Am has entered into a stalking horse asset purchase agreement with Samson Resources Company to acquire certain of Samson’s North Dakota and Montana properties in the Bakken play.
Oil extended gains after a government report showed that U.S. stockpiles plunged.