Fatality at TAQA’s Harding platform in North Sea

2/27/2014

Fatality at TAQA’s Harding platform in North Sea

ABERDEEN, UK – TAQA has confirmed that there has been a fatality on its Harding platform in the UK North Sea.

A TAQA employee fell overboard during a maintenance activity on the platform. He was recovered from the sea by a support vessel and transferred to Gilbert Bain Hospital in Shetland by helicopter. The next of kin has been informed.

All other 108 people on board the Harding platform have been accounted for and are safe.

TAQA is liaising with Police Scotland and other relevant authorities to investigate fully the incident. The installation is owned and operated by TAQA and is located 320 km northeast of Aberdeen.

Harding is a jack-up production unit serving as a manned production facility for the Harding field, in Block 9/23b.  TAQA has a 70% interest in the installation and is the operator. The other partner is Maersk, which holds the remaining 30%.

Related News ///

FROM THE ARCHIVE ///

Comments ///

comments powered by Disqus