ABB wins $20-million North Sea FPSO order


ABB wins $20-million North Sea FPSO order

ZURICH -- ABB has been awarded an oil and gas contract worth $20 million for providing power and automation technologies to an FPSO vessel built by the Chinese shipyard COSCO Nantong for Dana Petroleum. The contract was signed in the second quarter of 2013.

ABB's delivery will contribute to efficient and safe operations, and reliable power distribution on board. The FPSO will have Sevan Marine's characteristic cylindrical design, and will be located on the Western Isles field on the UK Continental Shelf, 160 km east of the Shetland Islands.

ABB's automation delivery comprises safety and automation systems (SAS), information management system (IMS), condition monitoring system (CMS) and operator training system (OTS).  Most of the power equipment is designed into an integrated and compact concept, including 11 kilovolt and 690 kilovolt switchgear, transformers, high-voltage and low-voltage variable speed drives and uninterruptible power supply (UPS). ABB will deliver 16 different telecommunications systems, including a public address system, entertainment, meteorological and a Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS). ABB is also responsible for design, engineering, installation, commissioning and project management.

Dana Petroleum is the operator of the Western Isles project, owning 77%, with Cieco owning the remaining 23%. Dana, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Korea National Oil Corporation, is an international oil and gas business with operations in the UK, Egypt, Norway, the Netherlands and Africa, producing 60,000 bopd.

The FPSO will be tied to subsea installations on 170 m depth on the Harris and Barra offshore fields. The production is planned with at least five production and four water injection wells, and will start in 2015, with an expected output of 40,000 bopd, exported through shuttle tankers.

Related News ///


Comments ///

comments powered by Disqus