Chevron confirms first oil production from Papa-Terra offshore Brazil

11/13/2013

Chevron confirms first oil production from Papa-Terra offshore Brazil

CALIFORNIA -- Chevron confirmed  that its Petrobras have started crude oil production from Papa-Terra’s floating production, storage and offloading vessel (FPSO) offshore Brazil.

“The startup of Papa-Terra is another important step toward meeting the growth target we’ve set for 2017,” said George Kirkland, Chevron’s vice Chairman and EVP, Upstream.

“The successful development of Papa-Terra is the result of a robust partnership between Chevron and Petrobras that integrates the unique skills and expertise of both companies to deliver challenging projects and new energy production,” said Ali Moshiri, president of Chevron.

Chevron holds a 37.5% interest in the Papa-Terra field, while Petrobras, the project operator, has the remaining 62.5%. Located approximately 110 km southeast of Rio de Janeiro at a water depth of approximately 1,190 m, Papa-Terra is a heavy oil development within Block BC-20 of the southern Campos basin.

Discovered in 2003, the Papa-Terra field development features the FPSO and the first tension leg wellhead platform in Brazil, which is expected to start production in 2014. Papa-Terra has installed capacity to produce 140,000 bpd.

Related News ///

FROM THE ARCHIVE ///

Comments ///

comments powered by Disqus