RWE starts production from North Sea’s Breagh field

10/14/2013

RWE starts production from North Sea’s Breagh field

HAMBURG, Germany -- RWE Dea UK has started gas production from the Breagh gas field. The first three wells brought into production had an initial total flow rate of 2.75 million cubic meters of gas per day. Total reserves of the field are estimated at approximately 19.8 billion cubic meters.

Breagh is one of the largest natural gas discoveries under development in the UK sector of the southern North Sea and the largest RWE Dea operated field development project in the UK. The company has a 70 percent stake in the licence (Sterling Resources UK holds the remaining 30 per cent).

During Phase 1 of the field development project, RWE Dea expects an average annual production volume of 1.1 billion cubic metres from 2014 to 2018. A peak production level of about 4.0 million cubic meters of natural gas per day is anticipated in early 2014.

The Breagh gas field is located in Blocks 42/13a and 42/12a in the UK sector of the southern North Sea, about 65 km off the coast of north east England. The water depth is approximately 60 m.

The Breagh field gas flows through a 20-inch pipeline to the coast at Coatham Sands near Teesside. It continues to the gas treatment facility in Teesside via an eleven-km buried pipeline, and from there into the British gas grid. The pipeline and the gas treatment facility have a total capacity of approximately 11.3 million cubic meters of natural gas per day.

RWE Dea confirmed the presence of commercial volumes of natural gas in the eastern section of the Breagh field with the appraisal well 42/13a-6 drilled in 2011. RWE Dea and its partner, Sterling Resources, are currently drawing up plans for a Phase 2 development.

Related News ///

FROM THE ARCHIVE ///

Comments ///

comments powered by Disqus