World Oil Awards 2012 winners announced
World Oil Awards 2012 winners announced
HOUSTON -- In its eleventh year of honoring the upstream energy industry’s top innovators and innovations, World Oil magazine announced the winners of its 2012 World Oil Awards. This year’s honorees took home trophies in 16 categories and learned of their wins during the gala event held Oct. 18 at The Houstonian Hotel. The evening’s Master of Ceremonies was KHOU 11 News’ Chief Meteorologist Gene Norman.
The ceremony began with a keynote speech from Charles D. Davidson, chairman and CEO of Noble Energy. The company is a leading independent that has been engaged in the exploration and production of oil and natural gas since 1932, and has core producing regions in the U.S., West Africa and the Eastern Mediterranean.
Standing apart from the technology and program award winners were three individuals recognized for their professional service in the industry. Saeed M. Mubarak, of Saudi Aramco, won the ‘Innovative Thinker’ award for his contributions to the areas of real-time reservoir management and intelligent fields, among others. In the ‘Lifetime Achievement’ category, 42-year industry veteran Jack Hardy Sr., of Superior Energy Services, Inc., was honored for his continued leadership and service in the well control snubbing arena. In this year’s ‘New Horizons Idea’ category, Peter O’Regan, of Saudi Aramco, took top honors with the Tactical Oil-spill Tracking Solution (TOTS), which is designed to accurately track marine oil spills in real time.
A complete list of World Oil Awards 2012 categories and winners appears below.
1. Best Completion Technology - i-ball™ multi-zone fracturing sleeve, Weatherford International Ltd
2. Best Data Management & Application Solution - NOV Automation (NOVA), National Oilwell Varco
3. Best Deepwater Technology - FASTrak™, Baker Hughes Incorporated
4. Best Drilling Technology - iPZIG at-bit Inclination and Natural Gamma Ray Image Service, PathFinder, a Schlumberger Company
5. Best Drilling & Completions Fluids - FlexSEAL Advanced Flexible Expanding Cement, Schlumberger
6. Best Exploration Technology - Litho Scanner High-Definition Spectroscopy Service, Schlumberger
7. Health, Safety, Environment / Sustainable Development Offshore - IntelliServ® Broadband Network System, National Oilwell Varco
8. Health, Safety, Environment / Sustainable Development Onshore - Frac of the Future Equipment Suite, Halliburton
9. Best Outreach Program - Mobile Oilfield Learning Unit (MOLU), Offshore Energy Center
10. Best Production Chemicals - PHASETREAT®: World Class Heavy Oil Demulsifier Technology Creates a Green and Sustaibable Solution, Clariant Oil Services
11. Best Production Technology - NEPTUNE™, Trelleborg Offshore
12. Best Visualization and Collaboration - Decision Space Well Planning, Halliburton/Landmark
13. Best Well Intervention - X-Treme Clean™ XP System High Performance Wellbore Cleanup and Displacement Systems for Deepwater Well Applications, Baker Hughes Incorporated
14. Innovative Thinker - Saeed M. Mubarak, Saudi Aramco
15. Lifetime Achievement - Jack Hardy Sr., Superior Energy Services, Inc.
16. New Horizons Idea - Peter O’Regan, Saudi Aramco
The World Oil Awards not only showcase the talent and accomplishments of the category winners, but also benefits selected universities whose programs support entry into the petroleum industry. This year, The University of Tulsa and the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (India) were chosen as beneficiaries because of their commitment to preparing qualified global oil industry professionals.
The 2012 World Oil Awards were generously sponsored by: Halliburton, Baker Hughes Incorporated, Saudi Aramco and Valentino Vin Bar Houston. A/V services were provided by Puresound and event photography was provided by Gary Barchfeld.
World Oil magazine, the leading oil and gas trade journal for the exploration, drilling and production sector, has a worldwide circulation of more than 40,000 readers. Gulf Publishing Company has published World Oil for more than 97 years. Additional information on the World Oil Awards program can be found at www.Awards.WorldOil.com.
Related News ///
FROM THE ARCHIVE ///
comments powered by