World of oil and gas ///

Chevron’s wholly owned subsidiary, Unocal East China Sea, Ltd., has reported the start of natural gas production from the first stage of the Chuandongbei project in southwestern China. Chuandongbei is one of the largest onshore gas projects developed by an international oil company and a national oil company in China. “First gas for the Chuandongbei project represents a significant milestone and highlights Chevron’s leadership in the development of sour gas resources,” said Jay Johnson, executive V.P., Upstream, Chevron. The Chuandongbei project covers over 800 km2 in Sichuan province and the Chongqing Municipality. Unocal East China Sea, Ltd. holds a 49% participating interest as the operator, and CNPC holds the remaining 51%. The start-up of the first train commences stage one of the project. Production is planned to ramp up over the coming months, as all three trains come online.

Log in to view this article.

Not yet a subscriber?  Get started now for immediate access to this content and more.

World-Oil-Free-Trial-2015.jpg

World-Oil-Premium-Subscribe-2015.jpg

Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.