Recent advances in well logging and formation evaluation ///
Recent advances in logging and formation evaluation include a new through-casing resistivity tool; HPHT tools; while-drilling directional propagation and electrode resistivity, wireline and while-drilling resistivity logging; formation testing; production logging; LWD acoustic, nuclear and seismic-while-drilling; and a portable NMR probe.
A number of technical papers published on well logging and formation evaluation during the past year-as well as workshops, forums and symposiums sponsored by oilfield professional associations-provide insight into the topics of highest interest to the industry. In 2007 these included:
* Directional resistivity logging tools (SEG-SPWLA workshop, September 2007)
* High-angle and horizontal wells (SPWLA India Regional Conference, March 2007)
* Core-log integration (SPWLA Topical Conference, May 2007)
* Anisotropy and fractures (SEG, special issue of The Leading Edge, September 2007)
* Carbonate reservoir characterization (SPWLA Topical Conference)
* Geomechanics (SEG, special issue of The Leading Edge, May 2007)
* In-well optical sensing (SPE Applied Technical Workshop; EAGE Workshop).
Log in to view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? Get started now for immediate access to this content and more.
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More