Exploration discoveries ///

Africa. Eni made an oil discovery with its Sangos-1 well in Block 15/06 offshore Angola. The well tested an unspecified amount of 29˚API oil from a 417-ft interval of high-quality Miocene sandstone reservoirs. The well was drilled to a 10,968-ft TD in 4,426 ft of water, about 215 mi north of Luanda. Eni (operator) has 35% interest and is in partnership with six other companies. Sipetrol International made an oil discovery with its Shahd SE-1 well in the East Ras Qattara concession of onshore Egypt. The well tested 39˚API oil at an average rate of 2,500 bpd, and was drilled to a 9,744-ft TD. Sipetrol is part of the Chilean state oil company Empresa Nacional del Petroleo (ENAP) and operates the East Ras Qattara block with 50.5% interest, with Oil Search holding the remaining 49.5%. Melrose Resources discovered gas and condensate in its East Abu Khadra-1 exploration well in Egypt’s onshore El Mansoura Block.

Log in to view this article.

Not yet a subscriber?  Get started now for immediate access to this content and more.

World-Oil-Free-Trial-2015.jpg

World-Oil-Premium-Subscribe-2015.jpg

Already a subscriber but don’t have an online account? Contact our customer service.