Rig Floor Equipment: Remotely operated make break system ///
The T-WREX make-up break-out system from Hawk Industries, Inc. is an innovative design that incorporates the features of its HAWKJAW system into a pedestal mounted configuration for remote operation. Ideally suited to the harsh environments of offshore drilling, as well as large-scale, land-based applications, the system is available in the Junior (Fig. 1) and Senior (Fig. 2) models. Both models’ features include:
* Operation by remote console
* Preset torque regulator ensures proper make-up of each joint
* Low-torque warning system prevents under-torqued connections
* Spins and torques in under 15 seconds in most application
* Infinite pipe size adjustability within working range of tool
* No jaw/die changes required for different pipe sizes
* Hydraulic rotation from mouse hole to rotary
* Tilt adjustment for mouse-hole operations.
Log in to view this article.
Not yet a subscriber? Get started now for immediate access to this content and more.
Join Our Newsletter ///
Sign-up for World Oil Daily News
Latest News ///More