World Oil Awards Nomination Form
For Achievements 1 July 2012 to 30 June 2013
Please use this online form to submit nominations for the 2013 World Oil Awards.
Rules for submissions:
- There is NO FEE for making a nomination, and companies and individuals can self-nominate. Nominations can only be submitted in one category or they will be disqualified.
- The nomination must include a high-resolution photo (in a 300-dpi digital format or a Vector .EPS format) of the nominated technology, individual or program. Send the photo to: Awards@WorldOil.com. Include in the email the nomination category, company and nomination name.
- The award judges reserve the right to reclassify a nomination to another category.
- Supplemental information can be provided via one copy in printed form on three-hole punched paper, accompanied by a hardcopy of the online nomination form.
- Multiple submissions ARE ALLOWED; however, only ONE nomination PER SUBMISSION will be accepted and materials will not be returned. You MAY NOT submit the same nomination for multiple categories or it will be DISQUALIFIED.
- All nominations and supplements must be submitted by midnight on 19 July 2013. Because of editorial deadlines, there will be NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Nominations must pertain to commercial efforts and activities during the period of 1 July 2012, through 30 June 2013. By submitting a nomination, you are confirming the accuracy and appropriateness.
- Finalists will be alerted by the end of August of their status. Each finalist will be invited to the Finalists’ Reception in mid-September. Recipients of the World Oil Awards will be announced at the event’s black-tie gala dinner on 17 October 2013.
Supplemental information should be delivered by 19 July 2013 to:
World Oil Awards
PO Box 2608
Houston, Texas 77252-2608
Phone: +1 713 529 4301
To make a nomination:
Select a category for nomination. Scroll further for descriptions.
Some Errors Were Found
- Please enter the nominee's name
- Please enter the nominee's company
- Please enter the nominee's address
- Please enter the nominee's country
- Please enter the nominee's state
- Please enter the nominee's province
- Please enter the nominee's city
- Please enter the nominee's zip
- Please enter your reason for nominating this person
- Please enter the nominator's name
- Please enter the nominator's company/title
- Please enter the nominator's phone numer
- Please enter the nominator's email address
- Please enter the nominator's country
- Please enter the nominator's state
- Please enter the nominator's province
- Please enter the nominator's city
- Please enter the nominator's zip
- Please confirm that you have submitted factual information
*Indicates a required field
Select an Award
Reason for Nomination
*Describe the nominee and/or give a description of the technology or project being entered. [2000 character limit - including space and punctuation marks]
*Describe its/their impact on the industry and how it/they can help to advance the industry (examples include safety, cost savings, efficiency improvements, technology advancement, etc.) [2000 character limit - including space and punctuation marks]
Best Completion Technology Award
This award recognizes the leading solution that provided a substantial impact on the industry’s completions. Criteria include innovation, reliability, commercial application and industry impact.
Best Data Management & Application Solution Award
This award is given for an implemented, viable workflow solution focused on data storage, delivery or management processes and technologies that provided tangible results for an operator or service company.
Best Deepwater Technology Award
This award recognizes significant technology in the area of drilling, completions or production in deepwater applications.
Best Drilling and Completion Fluids Award
This award category recognizes an innovative drilling or completion fluid or a fluid-related mechanism or process that was commercially introduced within the last year and helped to drill or complete for oil and gas.
Best Drilling Technology Award
This award goes to innovators who executed an industry-leading effort during the year that had a significant impact on the industry, onshore or offshore, through drilling innovation.
Best Exploration Technology Award
This award is given to the leading acquisition technology (including seismic, geochemistry and remote-sensing) or algorithm/processing technology introduced during the year.
Best Outreach Program Award
One of the greatest challenges confronting the oil and gas industry is educating the younger generation about the value of the petroleum sector. This award spotlights a program that has done the best job of teaching the general community about the oil and gas industry.
Best Production Chemicals Award
This award will be given to a company whose innovative stimulation or treatment chemicals have enhanced the production of oil and gas.
Best Production Technology Award
This award will recognize a newly introduced production program or solution utilized during the year that allowed an operator to effectively manage and maximize production.
Best Visualization & Collaboration Award
This award recognizes the data visualization, storage, software or manipulation solution that shows the greatest promise in enabling operators to achieve a real-time collaborative environment with potential for a step-change in operating efficiency.
Best Well Intervention Award
This award is for routine well maintenance, which can represent the highest expenditure over the life of the well. It recognizes new intervention technologies that help make significant improvements in terms of time saved, costs reduced or production improved.
Health, Safety, Environment/Sustainable Development Offshore Award
This award is presented to a company that has made significant strides in protecting and enhancing the offshore environment where it operates. Whether through technical innovations, implementation of new standards and processes, or introduction of social and economic development efforts, the winner will have a program that made a marked improvement in an HSE/sustainable development endeavor.
Health, Safety, Environment/Sustainable Development Onshore Award
This award is presented to a company that has made significant strides in protecting and enhancing the onshore environment and communities where it operates. Whether through technical innovations, implementation of new standards and processes, or introduction of social and economic development efforts, the winner will have a program that made a marked improvement in an HSE/sustainable development endeavor.
Innovative Thinker Award
This award honors an individual who has demonstrated thought leadership in the upstream oil and gas sector. The winner will be an inspiration to all and a champion of the industry, not only in terms of the breadth of achievements, but also through the demonstration of vision and innovative thinking.
Lifetime Achievement Award
This award, new in 2011, will honor an individual who has made both significant strides and impacted the oil and gas industry throughout his or her career. The recipient may be retired from the industry, but will be an individual whose legacy still has an impact. [Nominee must be living].
New Horizons Idea Award
The winner of this award is a company with a game-changing product, technology or idea that redefines the industry’s thinking. The winner of this award symbolizes how the industry will operate in the future and will serve as a guidepost to the next generation of leadership entering today’s upstream energy sector.