Acceptable Digital Files: Preferred files are Adobe Acrobat PDFs (Press Optimized, 300 dpi, binary CMYK, all fonts embedded) or Flattened CMYK, TIFF files, 300 dpi at actual size. Other file types accepted are Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. Files should be submitted in CMYK format at 300 dpi with all supporting graphic elements in CMYK format and all fonts used. Please do not submit files created in word processing programs, MS PowerPoint, CorelDraw, MS Publisher, etc. Production charges will be incurred if files do not meet these acceptable digital file guidelines.
(1) Proofs: Proof required on four-color ads. For one-color and twocolor ads, laser proofs are acceptable with clearly marked color breaks.
(2) Electronic File Submissions:
1. From your Internet browser, go to ftp.gulfpub.com.
2. Once you get to the ftp site, a prompt will appear.
NOTE: If the prompt does not appear, then go to the File menu and select Login As.
3. At the prompt, enter the following user name and password:
a. User Name: anonymous
b. Password: (insert your email address)
4. Scroll down through the Incoming folder to the WO folder for World Oil.
5. Drag and drop your files in the Advertising folder.
6. Email Cheryl.Willis@GulfPub.com once the file is uploaded with the name of the file.
Other Acceptable (But Billable) Materials: Contact Publisher.
Inserts: Contact Publisher for quantity, specifications and trim size.
Shipping Instructions: Send space orders, insertion orders, correspondence and print materials to: Advertising Production, World Oil, 2 Greenway Plaza, Suite 1020, Houston, TX 77046 USA. For preprinted inserts, contact the Publisher for shipping instructions