World Oil Awards 2013 winners announced
HOUSTON – In its twelfth year of honoring the upstream energy industry’s top innovators and innovations, World Oil announced the winners of its 2013 World Oil Awards. This year’s honorees took home trophies in 16 categories and learned of their wins during the gala event held Oct. 17 at The Houstonian Hotel. The evening’s Master of Ceremony was Kim Davis, President and Creator of “Chalk Talk,” The KD Company.
The ceremony began with a keynote speech from Doug Valleau, director, Unconventional Technology, Hess Corporation. A leading global independent energy company, Hess Corporation is engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas, and the marketing of refined petroleum products, natural gas and electricity.
Standing apart from the technology and program award winners were two individuals recognized for their professional service in the industry, Syham Bentouati, Petroleum Development Oman, won the ‘Innovative Thinker’ award for her contributions to the area of enhanced oil recovery technologies. In the ‘Lifetime Achievement’ category, 35-year industry veteran John Misselbrook, of Baker Hughes Incorporated, was honored for being a proponent and driving force behind many of the improvements that have taken place in coiled tubing in the oil and gas industry.
A complete list of World Oil Awards 2013 categories and winners appears below.
1. Best Completion Technology – KickStart pressure-activated rupture disc valve, Schlumberger
2. Best Data Management & Application Solution – WellLinkVision mobile app, Baker Hughes Incorporated
3. Best Deepwater Technology – Enhanced Single-Trip Multizone (ESTMZ) System, Halliburton
4. Best Drilling Technology – CounterForce PDC Bit Technology, Ulterra and Baker Hughes Duraset System, Baker Hughes Incorporated
5. Best Drilling & Completions Fluids – TergoVis I Efficiency Fluid, Halliburton and Baker Hughes MPRESS™ Emulsion Fluid System for Optimized Circulating Pressure, Baker Hughes Incorporated
6. Best Exploration Technology GWD90 (Gyro While Drilling 90), Gyrodata, Inc.
7. Health, Safety, Environment / Sustainable Development Offshore – KelaStim Chelant-Based Stimulation Service, Halliburton and Well Track, Sodexo
8. Health, Safety, Environment / Sustainable Development Onshore – AQUA-VES Mobile Water Treatment System, National Oilwell Varco
9. Best Outreach Program – Baker Hughes Endeavor Professional Development Organization, Baker Hughes Incorporated and The Kinkaid School: Engineering Math and Science Institute Partnership, Weatherford
10. Best Production Chemicals – RockOn Surfactants, Multi-Chem, a Halliburton Service
11. Best Production Technology – RodPROP high-aspect-ratio proppant, Schlumberger
12. Best Visualization and Collaboration – Petrel E&P software platform, Schlumberger
13. Best Well Intervention – CoilScan real-time coiled tubing pipe inspection system, Schlumberger
14. Innovative Thinker – Syham Bentouati, Petroleum Development Oman
15. Lifetime Achievement – John Misselbrook, Baker Hughes Incorporated
16. New Horizons Idea – Dynamic Frameworks to Fill, Landmark Software and Services and Turbine-Powered Fracturing Pump Technology, Green Field Energy Services
The World Oil Awards not only showcase the talent and accomplishments of the category winners, but also benefits selected universities whose programs support entry into the petroleum industry. This year, Marietta College and Prairie View A&M University were chosen as beneficiaries because of their commitment to preparing qualified global oil industry professionals.
The 2013 World Oil Awards were generously sponsored by: Baker Hughes Incorporated, Nabors Drilling USA, Aramco Services Company, Halliburton and Eddie V’s Prime Seafood. A/V services were provided by Puresound and event photography was provided by Gary Barchfeld.