Press Esc to close

WorldOil

World Oil News Center



Statoil given go ahead to spud 2/4-22 S well in PL 146

STAVANGER, Norway -- The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Statoil Petroleum AS a drilling permit for wellbore 2/4-22 S, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.

Wellbore 2/4-22 S will be drilled from the Mærsk Gallant drilling facility at position 56°42' 58.12' ' north and 3°10' 3.11' ' east.

The drilling programme for wellbore 2/4-22 S relates to drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 146. Statoil Petroleum AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 77.8%. The other licensee is Total E&P Norge AS (22.2%). The area in this licence consists of parts of the 2/4 block. The well will be drilled about 20 kms north of the Ekofisk field.

Production licence 146 was awarded on 8 July 1988 (12th licensing round on the Norwegian shelf). This is the thirteenth well to be drilled in the licence.

The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before commencing drilling activities.

07/31/2014

 

Bookmark and Share


WO DATA HUB

EngineeringTablesIcon-Large

Engineering Data Tables

World Oil's specialized upstream Engineering Data Tables featuring the Drill Bit Classifier, Tubing Tables and more. Get Total Access today.

WO SUPPLEMENTS

2013 Fracturing Technology

2013 Fracturing Technology

MEDIA CENTER

By Digital Publisher

Drill Bit Classifier World Oil published its renowned Drill Bit Classifier in September 2013. The Drill Bit Classifier is a comprehensive listing of major manufacturers' d...

ENERGY EVENTS

Upcoming Events