SEA CON introduces new connector series
NORFOLK, New Jersey -- Based on the highly successful Metal Shell Series connector range, SEA CON’s API connectors comply with the API 6A (specification for wellhead and christmas tree wquipment), API 16D (specification for control systems for drilling well control equipment and control systems for diverter equipment) and API 17E (specification for subsea umbilicals) standards. Manufactured from 316 stainless steel with glass filled epoxy inserts and copper alloy gold plated contacts, this connector range has a voltage rating of 600 VDC and a pressure rating of 10,000 psi (approx. 22,500ft/7,000m).
Key features are
• Bulkhead connectors designed to be compliant with API 6A and API 16D. Bulkhead also available with reverse pressure design
• Cabled connectors and assemblies designed to be compliant with API 6A, API 16D and API 17E
• Open face pressure rating on bulkhead connectors
• Redundant sealing at all pressure barrier interfaces
• Test ports for infield testing between dual seals
• Boot sealing in cabled connectors and assemblies in event of flooded cable conditions
• Electrical, Optical and Hybrid connectors configurable in all 8 shell sizes
• Pressure Testing Mated and Open-face at FAT (Factory Acceptance Testing)
• Custom interfaces available
Applications include blow out prevention systems, riser monitoring systems, drilling control systems and wellhead and christmas tree equipment.