Press Esc to close

WorldOil

World Oil News Center



Petrobras signs $1.5 billion loan agreement with JBIC


BY PAULO WINTERSTEIN
 
SAO PAULO -- Brazil' s government-controlled oil company, Petroleo Brasileiro, said Tuesday that it signed an agreement with Japan Bank for International Cooperation for two credit lines totaling up to $1.5 billion.

The financing program will be handled by Mizuho Bank Ltd., with 60% of the financing provided by JBIC and the remaining 40% by private-sector Japanese banks, Petrobras said in an emailed statement.

The loan agreement is part of a partnership formed between JBIC and Petrobras last year. In October, JBIC said it would work with Petrobras to build a cogeneration project in the state of Rio de Janeiro, as well as finance efforts to tap natural gas from 18 offshore oil fields.

Dow Jones Newswires

07/16/2013

 

Bookmark and Share


WO DATA HUB

EngineeringTablesIcon-Large

Engineering Data Tables

World Oil's specialized upstream Engineering Data Tables featuring the Drill Bit Classifier, Tubing Tables and more. Get Total Access today.

WO SUPPLEMENTS

2013 Fracturing Technology

2013 Fracturing Technology

MEDIA CENTER

By Digital Publisher

Drill Bit Classifier World Oil published its renowned Drill Bit Classifier in September 2013. The Drill Bit Classifier is a comprehensive listing of major manufacturers' d...

ENERGY EVENTS