Would you like to start a free subscription?
Remember me | Forgot password
For full content view: Log in Now!
The idea for a new drilling method was born at Rogaland Research, now the International Research Institute of Stavanger (IRIS) in Stavanger, Norway. The idea was motivated by the challenges of solving hole cleaning and weight-on-bit control for coiled tubing drilling applications. After a feasibility study, the method was refined and found applicable to solve several challenges for jointed pipe drilling as well. The patented Reelwell Drilling Method showed unique features for the following applications:
* Managed pressure drilling: Pipe connections can be performed at constant downhole pressure without any shut-in pressure at surface using a downhole valve.
* Liner drilling: A liner can be installed in the same run, while a new section is being drilled. Also, there is an option to expand the liner in the same run.
* Deepwater drilling: Return fluid is transported back to surface through the drillstring, enabling advanced gradients of the annular well fluid.
This area of the site is restricted.
In order to gain access, please either Log
In, or subscribe to World Oil.
Two options are available to you for creating an account.
1. Get a Free Trial Subscription to World Oil Magazine and gain immediate access to select content on World Oil Online.
Start a Free Trial Subscription and gain immediate access to the complete current issue of World Oil Magazine. Plus, you’ll receive 3 upcoming issues of World Oil Magazine in print or digital format.* You also receive access to the Energy Events Calendar, Industry Statistics and WO Wire’s news and industry coverage.
2. Purchase a subscription to World Oil magazine and gain immediate
and complete access to World Oil Online. As a Total Access subscriber
you will have access to all areas of the site available to registered users and
free subscribers as well as having access to such premium content areas as:
Physical copies of this content may be available for purchase. Visit the Reprints & Back Issues section.
If you are already a paid subscriber and do not have access, please email CustomerService@worldoil.com.
World Oil's specialized upstream Engineering Data Tables featuring the Drill Bit Classifier, Tubing Tables and more. Get Total Access today.
Bangkok - August 25-27
Houston, TX - August 27-29
Houston, TX - November 4-5
All material subject to strictly enforced copyright laws.
© 2014 World Oil. © 2014 Gulf Publishing Company.