Press Esc to close

WorldOil

World Oil News Center



Lundin Petroleum receives Petronas approval for the Bertam field development plan

STOCKHOM -- Lundin Petroleum said that its wholly owned subsidiary Lundin Malaysia has received approval for the Bertam Field Development Plan from Petronas. The Bertam field is the first development project operated by Lundin Petroleum in Malaysia.

The Bertam field is located in Block PM307, offshore Peninsular Malaysia. Lundin Malaysia as operator holds a 75% working interest and Petronas Carigali holds the remaining 25% working interest.

The Bertam field will be developed using a 20 slot Wellhead Platform adjacent to a spread moored FPSO in a water depth of 76 m. The subsurface development concept consists of 14 horizontal wells completed with Electric Submersible Pumps (ESP' s). The total gross capital investment associated with the Bertam field development, excluding any FPSO related costs, is estimated at $400 million.

Ashley Heppenstall, President and CEO of Lundin Petroleum comments; "The approval from Petronas of the Bertam Field Development Plan is a major achievement for the South East Asia business. We have built an experienced project team with strong record of completing similar projects and are confident we have the capability to deliver this major project on schedule and on budget."

10/14/2013

 

Bookmark and Share


WO DATA HUB

EngineeringTablesIcon-Large

Engineering Data Tables

World Oil's specialized upstream Engineering Data Tables featuring the Drill Bit Classifier, Tubing Tables and more. Get Total Access today.

WO SUPPLEMENTS

2013 Fracturing Technology

2013 Fracturing Technology

MEDIA CENTER

By Digital Publisher

Drill Bit Classifier World Oil published its renowned Drill Bit Classifier in September 2013. The Drill Bit Classifier is a comprehensive listing of major manufacturers' d...

ENERGY EVENTS