Press Esc to close

WorldOil

World Oil News Center



Lundin awarded drilling permit for well 6405/12-1 in production licence PL584

STAVANGER, Norway -- The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Lundin Norway AS a drilling permit for wellbore 6405/12-1, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.Wellbore 6405/12-1 will be drilled from the Bredford Dolphin drilling facility at position 64°11' 42.30" north and 5°52' 13.53" east after completing drilling of wildcat well 16/4-8 S for Lundin Norway AS in production licence 359.

The drilling programme for wellbore 6405/12-1 relates to drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 584. Lundin Norway AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 60% . The other licensee is Bayerngas Norge AS (40%). The area in this licence consists of block 6405/12 and parts of blocks 6405/9, 6406/7, 6406/10, 6305/3 and 6306/1. The well will be drilled about 80 kms northeast of the Ormen Lange field.

Production licence 584 was awarded on 4 Feb. 2011 (APA 2010 on the Norwegian shelf). This is the first well to be drilled in the licence.

The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before commencing drilling activities.

08/27/2014

 

Bookmark and Share


WO DATA HUB

EngineeringTablesIcon-Large

Engineering Data Tables

World Oil's specialized upstream Engineering Data Tables featuring the Drill Bit Classifier, Tubing Tables and more. Get Total Access today.

WO SUPPLEMENTS

2013 Fracturing Technology

2013 Fracturing Technology

MEDIA CENTER

By Digital Publisher

Drill Bit Classifier World Oil published its renowned Drill Bit Classifier in September 2013. The Drill Bit Classifier is a comprehensive listing of major manufacturers' d...

ENERGY EVENTS

Upcoming Events