Press Esc to close

WorldOil

World Oil News Center



Jubilant Energy: Discovery at North Atharamura-1 well, Tripura Block

BY IAN WALKER

LONDON -- Jubilant Energy said that subsequent to the successful conventional testing in the Lower Bhuban formation in the North Atharamura-1 well in Tripura Block AA-ONN-2002/1, a notice of discovery has been submitted to the Management Committee of the Block and Government of India.

North Atharamura-1 is the second exploratory well of the two well Phase-II minimum work program for the Block; well reached a measured depth (MD) of 3,400 m.

Gross Lower Bhuban sand in the 2,175-2,195 m interval (Object-I) appeared promising on the logging-while-drilling logs and the presence of hydrocarbons was further validated by cased-hole porosity and sonic logs. Testing operation for Object-I started and the same was perforated.

Cement Bond logs and variable density logs showed poor to moderate cementation against this sand interval with a possible water leg below 2,195 meters MD.

Object-II in the 610-625 meters MD Middle Bhuban sand interval is yet to be tested.

Object-I flowed gas with some water, which, in all likelihood, is from the water leg due to poor cementation.

Gas rate was measured as 3,240-3,777 cfpd and water rate as 445-918 bpd at 32/64 inch choke size.

Jubilant holds a 20% participating interest in this block through its subsidiary Jubilant Oil & Gas Private Ltd, which is also the operator for the block; GAIL India holds the remaining 80% participating interest.

Dow Jones Newswires

06/02/2013

 

Bookmark and Share


WO DATA HUB

EngineeringTablesIcon-Large

Engineering Data Tables

World Oil's specialized upstream Engineering Data Tables featuring the Drill Bit Classifier, Tubing Tables and more. Get Total Access today.

WO SUPPLEMENTS

2013 Fracturing Technology

2013 Fracturing Technology

MEDIA CENTER

By Digital Publisher

Drill Bit Classifier World Oil published its renowned Drill Bit Classifier in September 2013. The Drill Bit Classifier is a comprehensive listing of major manufacturers' d...

ENERGY EVENTS