Press Esc to close

WorldOil

CONTENT PREVIEW

For full content view: Log in Now!

  • Exploration discoveries


    Arthur Berman, Contributing Editor

    Americas. Petrobras announced a gas discovery in the Espírito Santo Basin, offshore Brazil, with its 1 ESS-185D well drilled in Block ES-5. It found 331 ft of gas-saturated sandstone reservoir at a depth of 11,211 ft. The well is 19 mi offshore in 200 ft of water, and was drilled to a 14,833-ft TD. Petrobras is the operator with 65% interest, while El Paso holds the remaining 35%. Petrobras also made a light oil discovery with its 6-BFR-1-ESS and 6-BAZ-1DB-ESS wells in the Espírito Santo Basin, offshore Brazil. The company estimates that recoverable reserves are between 1.5 and 2.0 Bboe. The wells penetrated about 2,300 ft of salt and were drilled to 13,780 ft into pre-salt Cretaceous reservoirs, below existing production in the Baleia Franca, Baleia Azul and Jubarte heavy oil fields. Oil of 30°API gravity was found in pay zones that range 625-985 ft in net thickness. Petrobras discovered gas with its 1BRSA671ES well, drilled on Block ES-T-454 in the Espírito Santo Basin of Brazil. The well was drilled to a 6,588-ft TD; no other details were announced.

This area of the site is restricted. In order to gain access, please either Log In, or subscribe to World Oil.

Two options are available to you for creating an account.

1. Get a Free Trial Subscription to World Oil Magazine and gain immediate access to select content on World Oil Online.

Start a Free Trial Subscription and gain immediate access to the complete current issue of World Oil Magazine. Plus, you’ll receive 3 upcoming issues of World Oil Magazine in print or digital format.* You also receive access to the Energy Events Calendar, Industry Statistics and WO Wire’s news and industry coverage.

Free Trial


2. Purchase a subscription to World Oil magazine and gain immediate and complete access to World Oil Online. As a Total Access subscriber you will have access to all areas of the site available to registered users and free subscribers as well as having access to such premium content areas as:

  • The Archives section containing over ten years of complete magazine archives,
  • The WO DataHub's engineering tables and directories,
  • The World Oil annual forecasts, including past predictions,
  • Select World Oil technical handbooks,
  • And much, much more!

Subscribe


Physical copies of this content may be available for purchase. Visit the Reprints & Back Issues section.


If you are already a paid subscriber and do not have access, please email CustomerService@worldoil.com.

WO DATA HUB

EngineeringTablesIcon-Large

Engineering Data Tables

World Oil's specialized upstream Engineering Data Tables featuring the Drill Bit Classifier, Tubing Tables and more. Get Total Access today.

WO SUPPLEMENTS

2013 Fracturing Technology

2013 Fracturing Technology

ENERGY EVENTS