Press Esc to close

WorldOil

World Oil News Center



Eni says starts production from junin-5 oil field in Venezuela

MILAN -- Eni, Italy' s biggest energy company by market value, said on Wednesday its minority venture in Venezuela started production from the vast Junin-5 heavy oil field.

In a statement, Eni said the PetroJunin venture--in which it has a 40% stake and Venezuela' s state-owned company PDVSA the remaining 60%--began production nine months ahead of schedule.

The two companies plan to increase production to about 15,000 bopd by the end of the year, rising to 75,000 bopd by early 2015, through the drilling of about 180 wells.

The development of Phase 2 will bring daily output to 240,000 bbl, by the end of 2018, it added.

Dow Jones Newswires

03/13/2013

 

Bookmark and Share


WO DATA HUB

EngineeringTablesIcon-Large

Engineering Data Tables

World Oil's specialized upstream Engineering Data Tables featuring the Drill Bit Classifier, Tubing Tables and more. Get Total Access today.

WO SUPPLEMENTS

2013 Fracturing Technology

2013 Fracturing Technology

MEDIA CENTER

By Digital Publisher

Drill Bit Classifier World Oil published its renowned Drill Bit Classifier in September 2013. The Drill Bit Classifier is a comprehensive listing of major manufacturers' d...

ENERGY EVENTS