Downer EDI lands contract for Wheatsone LNG project
SYDNEY, Australia -- Downer EDI Limited has secured a contract with Bechtel for two electrical and instrumentation (E&I) packages for the downstream portion of the Chevron-operated Wheatstone Project in Western Australia.
The contract, valued at approximately $380 million (A$400 million), will commence onsite late 2014.
Under the agreement, Downer expects to create up to 600 Australian jobs predominantly located at Ashburton North, 12 km west of Onslow in Western Australia.
The scope of work, which covers both inside and outside the LNG trains and domestic gas plant processing areas, includes:
• installation of cable support systems
• installation of electrical, control and instrumentation cabling
• installation and calibration of instruments
• installation of major electrical equipment
• general lighting and power
• pre-commissioning works
• commissioning and start-up assistance.
Grant Fenn, Downer’s CEO, said: “We are delighted to have been awarded the E&I packages on one of Australia’s largest resource projects and to create employment opportunities within Australia.”