Press Esc to close

WorldOil

CONTENT PREVIEW

For full content view: Log in Now!

  • World of oil and gas


    Shell and Petromanas Energy have announced positive test results from the Shpirag-2 well in Block 2-3, which covers a 3,450-sq-km area onshore south-central Albania. The well was drilled by the operator, Petromanas, to a TD of 5,553 m. Based on the previously drilled Shpirag-1 and test results from Shpirag-2, Petromanas and Shell believe they have identified an oil column in excess of 800 m, in fractured carbonate reservoirs, providing early validation of the block’s light oil potential. During a three-day extended test period, the well flowed at rates of 800 to 1,300 bopd of 35° to 37° API oil. A 450-km, 2D seismic program for Block 2-3 is in progress, and is expected to conclude before the end of the year. The first appraisal well is planned after completion of a second exploration well, which is currently drilling. Petromanas has a 25% working interest in Block 2-3 and is the operator, with Shell holding the remaining 75% working interest. The JV was established in February 2012. Photo courtesy of Petromanas Energy.

This area of the site is restricted. In order to gain access, please either Log In, or subscribe to World Oil.

Two options are available to you for creating an account.

1. Get a Free Trial Subscription to World Oil Magazine and gain immediate access to select content on World Oil Online.

Start a Free Trial Subscription and gain immediate access to the complete current issue of World Oil Magazine. Plus, you’ll receive 3 upcoming issues of World Oil Magazine in print or digital format.* You also receive access to the Energy Events Calendar, Industry Statistics and WO Wire’s news and industry coverage.

Free Trial


2. Purchase a subscription to World Oil magazine and gain immediate and complete access to World Oil Online. As a Total Access subscriber you will have access to all areas of the site available to registered users and free subscribers as well as having access to such premium content areas as:

  • The Archives section containing over ten years of complete magazine archives,
  • The WO DataHub's engineering tables and directories,
  • The World Oil annual forecasts, including past predictions,
  • Select World Oil technical handbooks,
  • And much, much more!

Subscribe


Physical copies of this content may be available for purchase. Visit the Reprints & Back Issues section.


If you are already a paid subscriber and do not have access, please email CustomerService@worldoil.com.

WO DATA HUB

EngineeringTablesIcon-Large

Engineering Data Tables

World Oil's specialized upstream Engineering Data Tables featuring the Drill Bit Classifier, Tubing Tables and more. Get Total Access today.

WO SUPPLEMENTS

2013 Fracturing Technology

2013 Fracturing Technology

ENERGY EVENTS